Areas of Practice
- Client representation related to state and federal government agency regulation – professional and regulatory board rule and decision review; business and policy issues before administrative agencies; advocating for clients before agencies and in appeals from governmental and agency decisions.
Business and Employment Litigation
- Trial representation before all state and federal courts: contract claims; insurance defense; land title disputes and title insurance; medical malpractice defense; product liability; unfair trade practices; bad faith.
- Appeals before all state and federal courts: briefs; general appellate work; amicus appearances.
- Alternate dispute resolution representation: client advocacy in arbitration; mediation; negotiated settlements.
Business Entity Formation
- Corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, proprietorships and joint ventures comparison, selection, and formation of business entities; reorganizations and restructuring.
Business Transactions and Contracts
- Business transactions; contract drafting, review and negotation; mergers and acquisitions.
- Employment human resources, personnel policies and procedures, employee termination, wrongful discharge; employer/employee relations; arbitration; human rights and discrimination, including Americans with Disabilities Act; unemployment insurance claims; Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act and wage & hour defense and appeals.
- Legislative services, advocacy and governmental relations in Montana.
Health Care Law
- Health care privacy and security (including HIPAA and HITECH Act), health care provider and facility business transactions, mergers and aquisitions and business formation; certificate of need; Medicare/Medicaid provider reimbursement; medical staff bylaws and credentialing; peer review and disciplinary proceedings; permitting issues; professional licensing; other health care regulatory compliance; provider reimbursment and fraud appeals and defense.
- Provide attorneys and their clients with mediation and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services, including conducting mediations at a pre-commencement or post-commencement litigation stage.
Remote Online Notary Services
- Remote Online Notary Services for all U.S. residents, including a secure, online meeting with a Notary Public; please call 406-502-1594 to inquire about pricing.